Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chocolate Cheesecake

I have had several requests for this recipe so here it is!! It does come with a warning though!!
DANGER! Habit forming and high in pound packing calories. This fabulous dessert is rich and delectable!!

The crust that I use is different from the one on the recipe because I don't like the nuts in the crust but I will provide both recipes so you can decide for yourselves!

Crust recipe I use:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Cream butter; add flour and sugar. Blend with a fork. Press into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool completely. (this crust is thicker so you could half it if you don't like it so thick.)

Crust recipe I don't use
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecan, or walnuts work best)
1 cup flour

Combine all ingredients and press into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes. Cool completely.

1st layer
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz whipped topping

Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on cooled crust, then apply pudding payer.

2nd layer
2 3oz boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk

Make this layer first so the pudding can set up and the crust can cool. Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 3 cups milk. Let pudding set-up before spreading on the cream cheese mixture.

3rd layer
Top with remaining whipped topping.

Drizzle
Melt together 1 oz unsweetened chocolate and 1 teaspoon butter or water in microwave; 20-30 seconds at a time. Stir each time. Chocolate drizzle should be syrupy in consistency. Drizzle over the top of whipped topping layer. Chill whole pan for 3 hours. (For the top I just grate a chocolate bar over the top, it is easier)

I found this recipe online and it is by Momma Mia

No comments: