Friends and Family,
Almost all of us have been, or will be, affected by cancer. I am no different. My mom, Linda McArthur, was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2003. After a long hard battle she is well and is a cancer SURVIVOR! My father was also diagnosed with cancer and is battling it today, and I have had several other family members that have fought cancer, some surviving and others not. Because of these reasons and the hope that we can find a cure and better treatments for cancer, I have decided to participate in my THIRD ANNUAL LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE to help raise money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Mike and I will ride our bike’s 70 miles in Seattle for this cause.
Today, there are nearly 12 million people living with cancer in the Unites States, and it is estimated that close to 1.4 million more will be diagnosed this year alone. One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
I would like to honor my family members, friends, and everyone out there that has been affected by cancer. I hope you will join me in my efforts and help me raise money.
The LIVESRTONG Challenge is the Lance Armstrong Foundation’s (LAF’s) signature fundraising event. Your donation to the LIVESTRONG Challenge will support the LAF’s mission to inspire and empower people affected by cancer. The LAF’s website serves as an invaluable resource for cancer survivors, families, and caregivers around the world, including information ranging from what you can expect during your cancer experience to the opportunity to get one-on-one advice and support through the SurvivorCare program. The LAF also works to increase awareness of issues facing cancer survivors within our communities and among our representatives in Congress.
Please visit my LIVESTRONG Challenge website http://seattle09.livestrong.org/kristytilton (or Mike's website http://seattle09.livestrong.org/miketilton) where you can make a donation on line. You can also print off a donation form from my fundraising HQ http://seattle09.livestrong.org/kristytilton (or http://seattle09.livestrong.org/miketilton) and mail a check. Please make sure to write my participant ID# 128253275 ( or Mike's 219987197) on the check. All donations must have a donations form attached and should be mailed to the address on the form.
Lance Armstrong Foundation Events
National Mail Processing Center
P.O. Box 6002
Albert Lea, MN 56007-6602
I know it is a tough year financially, but know that EVERY little bit helps. Even if you can only donate $5-10, it WILL make a difference!!
We are truly excited to share this journey with you. Thank you for your support and for being a part of our fight!! Please forward this message on to anyone that you think wants to pick a fight with cancer.
Kristy & Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good luck on your race! I'm going to go to your website to donate right now!:)
Post a Comment